Chocolate, Hazelnut and Almond Cake with Chocolate Ganache

By Fongolicious - November 02, 2014




Hi readers, I sincerely apologise for being so absent with my posts. I have been busy in the kitchen but also busy in my life, to find the time to blog, which is no excuse I know! It's been since August! Wow! I'm terrible! hopefully I will make it up with a series of quick posts. 

This particular recipe is from way back in October 2012. I made this cake for Mum's birthday. I didn't post it initially as I wasn't very happy with the photo quality. Then last year I decided to post it to my Bulla Cream account and also giving Bulla Cream some exclusivity. Now that my ambassadorship is over, here it is! Better late than never eh! Plus hopefully my photo editing skills have improved.

From memory, this cake is chocolate-y and moist from the nut flours. Of course, the chocolate, hazelnut and almond combination is always a winner.

Ingredients

Cake
1/3 cup cocoa (35g)
1 ½ cups plain flour (225g)2 tpsn baking powder
¾ cup almond meal (90g)
¾ cup hazelnut meal (90g)
1 1/3 cup brown sugar
200g butter, melted
3 eggs
1 cup milk


Ganache
150g dark chocolate, chopped
125ml Cream

Method
Cake
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Lightly grease and line with baking paper a 20 to 22cm diameter cake tin.

2. In a large bowl, sift flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add almond and hazelnut meal, butter, sugar, milk and eggs. Mix well to combine. Pour mixture into prepared cake tin. Tap sides to remove any big bubbles.

3. Bake for about 50 to 65 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 5 to 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool completely. Place cake in fridge for about half an hour.

Ganache
4. In the mean time, place cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring cream to hot and almost boiling. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Keep stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Allow to cool. As the mixture cools, it will start thickening up.

5. Pour ganache over cake. Serves 8 to 10.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments